Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Environmental Construction Technician
- Job Title
- Environmental Construction Technician
- Job ID
- Urbandale, IA 50322
- Other Location
Position: Construction Technician 2
Industry: Operational Services
Location: Urbandale, IA
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grows your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest-growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as an Environmental Construction Technician 2:
- Repair and construct stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, piping, detention, and retention basins throughout the midwest.
- Operate hand-held and heavy construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, backhoe, excavator).
- Travel is Monday-Friday, as needed.
- Apply construction techniques.
- Maintain equipment trailer and service vehicles.
- Perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Learn regulations and compliance techniques.
- Document field observations.
- Observe safe work practices.
- Actively develop your own career path.
- Year-round, full-time work!
- Paid travel expenses, use of company truck, and paid per diem for travel days away.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- Paid time off & paid company holidays.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- GED or High School Diploma required
- Overnight travel 85%-100% of the time.
- 2-4 years of construction and heavy equipment operating
- Experience with operation of heavy construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, backhoe, excavator), commercial mowing equipment, and string trimmers.
- Prior experience with repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, piping and detention/retention basins is a plus
- Experience with construction, landscaping, concrete, data collection, and stormwater management concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work with hand/power tools.
- Able to perform manual labor, lift and carry 60 pounds, work in confined spaces, and under inclement weather conditions.
- Comfortable using pickups/equipment trailers.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Track record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. A diverse pool of candidates is strongly encouraged to apply.TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.