Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Environmental Construction Foreman / Operator
- Job Title
- Environmental Construction Foreman / Operator
- Job ID
- Urbandale, IA 50322
- Other Location
Position: Foreman - Operational Services
Industry: Operational Services
Location: Urbandale, IA
Compensation: Depending on experience
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your responsibilities as a Foreman:
- Train and supervise construction technicians.
- Manage project activities, budgets, and timelines.
- Will provide direction and supervise hands-on performance of stormwater repair and maintenance projects.
- Operate hand-held and heavy construction equipment.
- Apply construction and regulatory compliance techniques.
- Document field observations.
- Manage subcontractor activity.
- Account for project materials and equipment.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Ensure safe performance of project work.
- Actively develop your own career path.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Full-time, year-round work!
- Travel expenses and per diem paid for out-of-town travel.
- Medical, dental and vision plans.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k match and more.
- Paid time off and holidays.
- Resources and support for your career development
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- Cross-training and diverse projects
- Working with some of the best and brightest in the industry amongst a culture that values diversity
What we're looking for:
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Overnight travel 85%-100% of the time.
- 5-7 years of construction experience with repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, piping and detention/retention basins.
- Experience with construction, landscaping, concrete, data collection, and stormwater management concepts and techniques.
- Ability to manage budgets and timelines, manage staff, and provide subcontractor oversight.
- Experience with operation of heavy construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, backhoe, excavator), hand tools.
- Able to perform manual labor.
- Knowledge of sediment and erosion control.
- General carpentry and plumbing experience is helpful.
- Comfortable using pickups/equipment trailers.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Overnight travel throughout the midwest is required. Travel is generally Monday through Friday with expenses paid.
- Compensation will be based on experience.
- A valid driver's license and good driving record are required.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. A diverse pool of candidates is strongly encouraged to apply.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.