Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Industrial Hygiene Project Manager (Hybrid)
- Job Title
- Industrial Hygiene Project Manager (Hybrid)
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97219
- Other Location
TITLE: Building Science/Industrial Hygiene Project Manager
INDUSTRY: Air/Engineering/Science Management
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
COMPENSATION: Starting at $75,000+ depending on experience, education, and certifications
Love What You Do. Work with Great People. Make a Difference
If you’re looking to do interesting, meaningful work with other bright and talented people, and with a company that will invest in your development, consider a career with Apex in our Portland, OR office.
With diversity in our projects, clients, and people, you will be inspired to work with our Pacific Northwest team of environmental professionals.
Your Responsibilities as an Industrial Hygiene Project Manager include:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of environmental projects for projects involving hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene, worker exposure, indoor air quality, abatement design and more.
- Provide senior technical oversight, mentoring and quality control for industrial hygiene assessments, hazardous building material surveys, demolition and remediation activities.
- Coordinate and support a diverse range of environmental disciplines.
- Prepare proposals, work plans, design documents and technical reports.
- Mentor and perform field surveys for asbestos, lead paint, mold/moisture and other hazardous building materials.
- Manage subcontractors and client coordination.
- Ensure safe working environment and adherence to safe work practices.
- Budget development, financial tracking, invoicing clients, evaluate revenue goals and project profitability.
- Actively assist in developing new business opportunities.
- Learn and implement federal, state and local regulations for environmental compliance.
- Work both independently and in a team environment depending upon the specific project;
- Actively develop your own career growth, including continuing education and obtaining professional accreditations;
- Strict adherence to and active participation in OSHA and Company Safety Programs.
- Management of environmental data including database gatekeeping, generating tables for environmental reporting, and quality assurance of generated tables; and
- Review of reported environmental laboratory data for usability using standard QA/QC checks.
- Full-time employment as an environmental professional with a leading national Environmental Consulting firm;
- Diverse project assignments, including a combination of office and field work;
- Continuing education encouragement including a combination of on-the-job, independent learning and classroom training on safe work practices and discipline-specific accreditations such as AHERA, HAZWOPER, RRP, CIH, CSP and more;
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/disability insurance, 401K match, PTO, and more;
- Great office location in Portland;
- Ability to travel for project work;
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry;
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives;
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- B.S./B.A. degree in environmental science, industrial hygiene, or similar;
- 5 to 10 years of applicable environmental consulting or IH-related experience;
- The following accreditations are preferred, but not required:
- AHERA-accredited Building Inspector and Project Designer
- Lead Paint Inspector and/or Risk Assessor
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- NIOSH 582 training
- Mold/Moisture evaluation training
- Organized and able to maintain field documentation, follow project controls, and implement established health and safety protocols;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet all deadlines;
- Attention to detail;
- General knowledge of environmental laboratory QA/QC;
- Clean driving and criminal record / ability to obtain security passes for military base access (DBIDS) and ports/railroads (TWIC);
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement conditions, and lift and carry field equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds;
- Willing and able to travel to field assignments throughout the Pacific Northwest and West Coast;
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including basic knowledge of Excel macros and formulas;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Candidates with OSHA 40-Hour Hazwoper, and either AHERA or Lead Paint Inspector and/or Risk Assessor (or the educational background to attain) are preferred candidates for this position.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.