Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Industrial Hygiene Scientist/Technician
- Job Title
- Industrial Hygiene Scientist/Technician
- Job ID
- Portland, OR 97219
- Other Location
Position: Scientist 1
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Portland, Oregon
Love What You Do. Work with Great People. Make a Difference
If you’re looking to do interesting, meaningful work with other bright and talented people, and with a company that will invest in your development, consider a career with Apex in our Portland, OR office.
With diversity in our projects, clients, and people, you will be inspired to work with our Pacific Northwest team of environmental professionals.
Your Responsibilities as an Industrial Hygiene Scientist /Technician include:
- Work on a diverse portfolio of environmental projects involving hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene, worker exposure, indoor air quality, and more.
- Perform industrial hygiene assessments, such as employee exposure monitoring in industrial and commercial settings for airborne contaminants, noise, indoor air quality, etc.
- Construction monitoring during demolition and remediation activities.
- Evaluate and interpret data, report writing.
- Health and safety/evaluating safe work practices.
- Coordinate and support a diverse range of environmental disciplines.
- Learn and perform field surveys for asbestos, lead paint, mold/moisture and other hazardous building materials.
- Learn and implement federal, state and local regulations for environmental compliance.
- Work both independently and in a team environment depending upon the specific project;
- Actively develop your own career growth, including continuing education and obtaining professional accreditations;
Why you'll love working for us:
- Full-time employment as an environmental professional with a leading national Environmental Consulting firm;
- Diverse project assignments, including a combination of office and field work;
- Continuing education encouragement including a combination of on-the-job, independent learning and classroom training on safe work practices and discipline-specific accreditations such as AHERA, HAZWOPER, RRP, CIH, CSP and more;
- Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/disability insurance, 401K, PTO, and more;
- Ability to travel for project work;
- Working with an amazing group in Portland, Oregon with the best and brightest in the industry;
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives;
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- B.S./B.A. degree in environmental science, industrial hygiene, or similar;
- Preferred 1 to 3 years of applicable consulting or IH-related experience
- The following accreditations are preferred, but not required:
- AHERA-accredited Building Inspector and Project Designer
- Lead Paint Inspector and/or Risk Assessor
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Lead Renovation Repair & Painting Training
- NIOSH 582 training
- Mold/Moisture evaluation training
- Stable employment history and favorable employment references
- Track record of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Good safety record and understanding of safe work practices
- Experience with data management
- Organized, able to maintain field documentation, follow project controls, and implement health and safety protocols;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet all deadlines;
- Clean driving and criminal record / ability to obtain security passes for military base access (DBIDS) and ports/railroads (TWIC);
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement conditions, and lift and carry field equipment that may weigh up to 50 pounds;
- Willing and able to travel to field assignments throughout the Pacific Northwest and West Coast;
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including basic knowledge of Excel macros and formulas;
- Valid driver’s license.
Interested? Apply today.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.