Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Stormwater Construction General Laborer
- Job Title
- Stormwater Construction General Laborer
- Job ID
- Lenexa, KS 66215
- Other Location
Position: Construction Technician 2
Industry: Operational Services
Location: Lenexa, KS
Compensation: $20+ an hour depending on experience
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grows your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest-growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Technician - Operational Services:
Why you'll love working for us:
- Repair and construct stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, underground piping and stormwater basins throughout the Southeast
- Operate hand-held, power tools and construction equipment (skid loader, small excavator).
- Travel is Monday-Friday, as needed.
- Learn construction and regulatory compliance techniques.
- Document field observations.
- Ensure safe performance of project work.
- Actively develop your own career path.
What we're looking for:
- Year-round full-time work!
- Paid Travel expenses, use of company truck, and paid per diem for travel days away.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- Paid time off and paid company holidays.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses spot or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- GED or High School Diploma.
- 2-4 years of construction experience.
- Overnight travel 85% of the time.
- Experience with operation of construction equipment (e.g. skid loader, small excavator), power tools and concrete hand tools.
- Prior experience with repair and construction of stormwater infrastructure, concrete structures, rebar and concrete finishing, underground piping and detention/retention basins is a plus
- Able to perform manual labor, Lift and carry 60 pounds, work in confined spaces and under inclement weather conditions.
- Knowledge of stormwater & sediment and erosion control.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations
- Comfortable using pickups and equipment trailers while understanding DOT requirements.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Interested? Apply today.
Apex is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.