Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Stormwater General Laborer (Landscaping)
- Job Title
- Stormwater General Laborer (Landscaping)
- Job ID
- Dayton, OH 45424
- Other Location
Location: Dayton, OH
Compensation: $18+ an hour depending on experience and qualifications + $55/day per diem on travel days
Apex Companies is a nationally recognized environmental consulting firm and the national leader in Stormwater Management. As a Stormwater Compliance Technician, you are key to our success. In this role, you would perform landscaping and maintenance to stormwater infrastructure on commercial properties.
If you have prior experience as a Landscaper, Maintenance Technician, General Laborer, or in a position within the construction industry, we encourage you to apply.
Your Responsibilities as a Stormwater Compliance Technician:
- Provide routine cleanup, maintenance, and light repairs of stormwater infrastructure including retention ponds, detention basins, drainage ditches, stormwater grates, and other stormwater assets.
- Perform mowing, weed-trimming, debris removal, ground maintenance and cleanup, light construction, and maintenance repairs for properties as directed.
- Operate landscaping and light construction equipment. Maintain equipment trailer.
- Travel will be required and varies by crew. Up to 8 overnights per month is typical (M-F).
- Learn stormwater management techniques.
- Comply with all safe work practices and complete your work in a safe manner.
- 1+ years of experience with outdoor labor including, but not limited to: landscaping, construction, grounds maintenance and repair, or similar work.
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Stable employment history and favorable employment references.
- Good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Dedication to safe work practices in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment background and drug screenings.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic functions of bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, balancing, walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing. Must be able to perform work exerting up to up to 60 pounds of force; and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must possess visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to operate machines and tools such as mowers and weed whackers to perform tasks. Able to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Year-round, full-time work!
- Travel expenses and per diem paid for out-of-town travel.
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k plan.
- Paid time off and company holidays.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Position: Compliance Technician
Industry: Field Services
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.