Love What You Do, Work with Great People, Make a Difference
As far as work, isn’t that what we all really want?
If you’re looking to do interesting, meaningful work with other bright and talented people, and if you’re looking to develop your own portfolio of skills, abilities, and experience while you’re at it, browse our career opportunities below.
With diversity in our projects, clients, and people, you will be inspired here.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Job Title
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Job ID
- Kennesaw, GA 30144
- Other Location
TITLE: Senior Project Manager/CIH
INDUSTRY: Air/Engineering/Science Management
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA or Tampa, FL
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest-growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Industrial Hygiene Project Manager include:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of environmental projects involving hazardous building materials, industrial hygiene, worker exposure, indoor air quality, abatement design, and workplace safety management.
- Provide senior technical oversight, mentoring and quality control for industrial hygiene assessments, hazardous building material surveys, worker exposure, and abatement activities.
- Prepare proposals, work plans, design documents and technical reports.
- Management and senior review of environmental data, reports, figures, and other project deliverables.
- Manage, mentor, and train junior staff and oversee work their safe and quality work.
- Ensure a safe working environment and adherence to safe work practices.
- Budget development, financial tracking, invoicing clients, evaluate revenue goals and project profitability.
- Actively assist in developing new business opportunities.
- Actively develop your own career growth, including continuing education and obtaining professional accreditations.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- Continuing education encouragement including a combination of on-the-job, independent learning and classroom training and discipline-specific accreditations.
- B.S./B.A. degree in environmental science, industrial hygiene, or another related field.
- CIH or CSP Certification required.
- Minimum 7 years of applicable IH-related project work.
- The following accreditations are preferred, but not required:
- AHERA-accredited Building Inspector and Project Designer
- Lead Paint Inspector and/or Risk Assessor
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification
- NIOSH 582 training
- Mold/Moisture evaluation training
- Knowledge and experience in worker exposure monitoring, OSHA PEL’s, NIOSH, and ANSI standards and guidelines.
- Experience with combustible dust analysis, respirable dust/silica, Legionella is a plus.
- Organized and able to maintain field documentation, follow project controls, and implement established health and safety protocols.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and meet all deadlines.
- General knowledge of environmental laboratory QA/QC.
- Clean driving and criminal record.
- Ability to travel throughout the division (NC, GA, FL) approximately 15% with occasional travel throughout the United States.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Certified Industrial Hygiene (CIH) license is required, individuals with a Certified Safety Professional also is a plus.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certificate is preferred.
- A Florida Licensed Asbestos Consultant (FLAC) certification and/or Florida Mold License is a plus.
Apex Companies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer.
We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity and differences of our employees, customers, and communities. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. Apex aims to make apexcos.com accessible to all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact Talent@apexcos.com or (301) 417-0200. Likewise, feel free to reach out to us if you would like to view or discuss Apex policy related to equal employment opportunity or have any related concerns. EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career’s sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Equal Employment for All
Apex Companies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity and differences of our employees, customers, and communities. We do not discriminate based on gender, race or color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Apex aims to make apexcos.com accessible to all users. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to navigate our website or complete the application process, please contact Talent@apexcos.com or (301) 417-0200.
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.